YAY!!! I broke my habit of posting late at night! Such a bad habit… I don’t know why I’ve been doing that – a sort of procrastination I guess? But it’s bad news. Earlier in the day (like now), my brain is just fresher and writing is so much easier for me.
Meanwhile, exciting news… I’ve decided to take a new job and I’m starting on Monday! I’m going to be selling cheese to restaurants, catering companies & hotels in Brooklyn! I met the founder and president of this company while doing my internship at Murray’s. The company is called Tradition & Excellence and the focus is on specialty cheeses from Europe & America. I went on a sales call with him before I left for LA and it went something like this…
- Meet super sweet & passionate husband and wife owners of charming restaurant in Williamsburg
- Get a tour of the restaurant, learning about the building, decorating & opening process
- Meet the chef
- Set up a cheese tasting (9 cheeses) at the bar and proceed with tasting each cheese and discussing it
- Have a glass of wine (or 2) to wash down the cheeses
- Shake hands and we’re on our way…
I mean – can anyone think of a better job for me? It’s only my heaven. Of course, most jobs that seem ridiculously awesome tend to have their own set of challenges – so we’ll see how it goes – but for now, I’m totally psyched (and a little nervous)!