Yesterday Adam and I took an afternoon walk around the neighborhood and there was some event happening at Tompkins Square Park. They had big canvases hung up along the fence and it seemed to be a first-come first-serve open art party. There were people lining both 7th street and Avenue A making art – and there were a lot of other people, moseying along, watching and taking pictures. There’s pretty much always something interesting going on in this neighborhood. I love that.
Speaking of love… here are a few little things I love this week:
- Lukes Lobster Rolls. Yum – I just had one this afternoon at the New Amsterdam Market and that buttery toasted roll is just to die for.
- Buying a bag of new coffee beans and then opening it up and sticking your nose in and taking a huge sniff. Ahhhhh.
- Paneer cheese. Have you had it? It’s a soft cheese found in Indian cuisine that has the consistency of firm tofu and I love it. I mean… it’s cheese. I guess that’s no surprise. I am going to try to make it soon. I’m sure I’ll write about it.
- Rainy Sundays.
- Getting a new edition of New York Magazine on Mondays and tackling the crossword puzzle (or trying at least).
- Getting a new edition of The Week Magazine on Fridays and reading it in bed on Saturday morning.
What little things do you love?